Running. Again. And for Good.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Jump Start

The only sure way to never fail is to never stop trying. We have all heard it before. I believe it. I live it. So for the hundredth time I will attempt to change my life once and for all. This is the chronicle of my journey.

My journey begins with the insane trial by fire. I did not design it this way. It just happened. The ironic coming together of inconsistency and determination in one individual makes for difficult goals. My goal this time is to run the New Jersey Marathon in April. That`s just about ten weeks away!

To be truthful this journey began when there were about 15 weeks to the date. But just about nothing happened over the last month. I always wanted to run a marathon before age 35 and this is my last chance so here goes.

I am no stranger to running. Not at all. Most years I run for a good stretch of 4 months. And during that time I would get up to about 4 or five times per week before I break for 2 weeks and then restart agian. I always end up breaking because of a busy schedule or injury.

This time I hope this blog keeps me on track, despite the twists and turns in my schedule. I will rely on common sense and better traing to avoid injury. I will also incorporate yoga/pilates into my training.

I will be using Hal Higdon`s formula for novices, but jumping in at about week 5. This wil ensure that my long run starts at a distance I know I can do, and ends at about the highest distance given for this routine.

Today I ran an untimed 4.5 miles. My diet was also on track!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home